Weiler Abrasives was the first producer in the United States to manufacture coated abrasive flap discs — and we've spent over 30 years refining them. Today, our selection includes options that save time and money while completing grinding and finishing work on a wide range of metallic workpieces.
FINDING THE RIGHT MATCH
Flap discs are suitable for several different metal fabrication stages, including stock removal, deburring and finishing. We have many to choose from, and using the correct one for the job can lead to higher productivity, better cost-per-use and an optimal finished product. When selecting a coated abrasive flap disc, there are a few characteristics to consider, such as:
- Style: Our coated abrasive flap discs come in different style designs, including conical, flat, angled and two high-density options for more productivity in specialized operations.
- Grit: Our flap disc offering has a wide range of grit sizes to choose from. Ranging from 36 grit for heavy stock removal to 120 grit or cleaning and finishing, you will have the choice you need to achieve the finish you want.
- Grain: The right grain is essential to get the job done fast and done right. We have flap discs designed for working on all metals and alloys, including hardened metals and soft alloys.
- Backing: We have three backing styles to select from, including phenolic to prevent scratching, aluminum for extra rigidity and non-marking composite backings trimmable for more accessibility.
- Arbor: Our flap discs for angle grinders include options with arbors in different styles and diameters, so we'll have one that matches any tool. For die grinders, R- and S-mounts are available.
PREMIUM FLAP DISCS FOR EVERY APPLICATION OR METAL
Using the latest innovations and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, we produce discs in different designs to give the highest control over the finished product. Our products include:
- Standard-density flap discs: Our standard-density flap discs are made for professionals who need maximum productivity at minimum operating costs. This line includes phenolic-backed discs like our Tiger® Ceramic discs for aluminum and hardened metals, Tiger X and Tiger Paw™ for stainless and sheet metal, and Wolverine® discs for general-purpose metal fabrication.
- High-density flap discs: Weiler Abrasives high-density flap discs have phenolic backings, wide flaps and 40% longer life than those in our standard-density line. High-density discs come in Type 27 styles for smooth grinding, blending and finishing, and Type 29 styles for aggressive stock removal, edge beveling and chamfering applications.
- Specialty discs: We manufacture several specialty discs to meet many requirements, including aluminum-back discs, angled discs and trimmable discs. Aluminum discs provide the most support for heavy-duty applications. If grinding fillet welds is necessary, our angled discs get optimal contact. Our trimmable discs are easy to cut to specific sizes for access to any space. Finally, our Tiger Aluminum flap discs are designed to prevent loading when grinding aluminum and other soft metals.
- Mini flap discs: Our mini discs work with die grinders and provide smooth and precise grinding in tight areas. Our BobCat™ mini flap discs come in Type 27 and Type 29 styles and have a zirconia alumina grain suitable for working on sheet metal, stainless steel and other common metals. These discs have composite backs, and we have additional mandrels and hub pads available for sale.
BUY FLAP DISCS MADE FOR YOUR WORKPIECE
At Weiler Abrasives, we provide leading product solutions and our full support to help you become safer and more competitive. Contact us through our site for expert assistance, or visit the website of one of our distributors to buy flap discs today.