A Strong Tradition Leads To Continued Growth
Master Brushmaker, Joseph E. Weiler, began manufacturing polishing brushes for the jewelry manufacturing industry in Pforzheim, Germany. His oldest son, Karl E. Weiler, also a Master Brushmaker, emigrated from Germany in 1927. In 1944 he began a manufacturing operation called Weiler Brush Company in a converted chicken coop on New York's Long Island.
From those humble beginnings, the business continued to grow, and in 1957 the Long Island operation was moved to Cresco, Pennsylvania in the heart of the Pocono Mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania. Karl E. Weiler’s son, Karl M. Weiler, began working at the company in 1961 and today serves as Weiler’s Chairman.
In Europe, our heritage dates back to 1879 when Franz Swaty established a company for producing mineral bonded abrasives, and in 1958 with the establishment of company Comet manufacturer of magnesite based artificial abrasives.