PRODUCTS FOR THE PIPELINE INDUSTRY
For generations, pipeliners have trusted Weiler’s Roughneck® Stringer Bead Brushes (AKA Skinny Buffing Wheels, Bead Brushes) and Aluminum Backed Tiger® Flap Discs (AKA Tiger Paws, Sanding Discs) to get the job done in the most demanding environments. With the addition of our Pipeline Grinding Wheels (AKA Bead Grinder, Grinder Disc), Weiler Abrasives manufactures the trifecta of high-performance bonded abrasives, coated abrasives and power brushes designed, tested and proven specifically for use on the pipeline.
From the first tack to the final cap, Weiler Abrasives delivers top performance. We work directly with pipeline crews and use real feedback to manufacture pipeline cutting wheels, grinding wheels and other industry-specific abrasive products that exceed expectations.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE PIPELINE GRINDING WHEELS AND CUTTING DISCS
At Weiler Abrasives, we manufacture grinding wheels designed specifically for use in the pipeline industry to provide superior cut-rate, long life and improved user experience for welders and helpers.
We have several different styles of pipeline grinding wheels to choose from to match unique needs, including the following:
- Tiger Type 27 Pipeline: Weiler’s Pipeline Grinding Wheels are designed specifically for pipeline applications. Whether grinding a bead, facing the land, prepping transitions, or fabricating in the yard, this wheel is ready to work out of the box, delivering consistent, aggressive grinding throughout the life of the wheel. These wheels require no chipping to get the wheel to bite. Our pipeline grinding wheels also produce less chatter for better, more accurate results in less time.
- Tiger Type 28 Zirc: Tiger Type 28 pipeline grinding wheels utilize zirconia alumina grains and have a concave saucer shape. These wheels are designed for increased aggression at lower working angles and are ideal for pipe transitioning.
- Tiger Type 27 Zirc: Type 27 combination wheels can handle grinding and notching. The zirconia alumina grain offers fast cuts while grinding and effective notching at 90-degree angles.
- Tiger Mech: Tiger Mech pipeline grinding wheels are made for mechanized pipe welding. These pipeline grinding wheels are thinner than standard pipe notching wheels, allowing the operator to grind the starts and stops without scarring the bevel. Tiger Mech wheels are ceramic-infused for added grinding performance.
- Tiger AO: Tiger AO pipeline cutting wheels also feature the Type 27 depressed-arbor design for added clearance and are ideal for work in the fab yard or field repairs. These pipeline cutting wheels have a .045-inch wheel thickness that makes fast and accurate cuts.
PIPELINE INDUSTRY PRODUCTS MADE WITH THE OPERATOR IN MIND
Weiler Abrasives has manufactured the industry's leading abrasive solutions since 1879. Our cutting and grinding wheels are designed based on input from industry professionals to provide:
- More speed: Weiler Abrasives pipeline grinding wheels are purpose-built for the pipeline industry to deliver maximum speed.
- Increased efficiency: Our experts can review your processes and material consumption and make recommendations for improvement.
- Increased safety: We place a high emphasis on operator training and safety, and we have a comprehensive program available to encourage it on the job site.
VIEW OUR COMPLETE LIST OF PRODUCTS FOR THE PIPELINE INDUSTRY
In addition to our pipeline grinding and cutting wheels, we also offer power brushes, chip and oil brushes, flap discs and more. Browse our complete product list to view all of your options, or reach out to us online to get assistance making the right selection. Our team will recommend the right grinding wheels and pipeline cutting tools to meet your needs.