PORTABLE GRINDING WHEELS
At Weiler Abrasives, we manufacture a diverse line of high-quality portable grinding wheels capable of taking on the most demanding jobs. Our bonded grinding wheels feature high-grade abrasives and advanced bond technology to deliver balanced operation, consistent performance and quality results on any metal, anywhere.
SUPERIOR ABRASIVE GRINDING WHEELS FOR A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS
We have small and large diameter grinding wheels available in multiple styles, designs and thicknesses. Bonded grinding wheels are versatile and work well for various commercial and industrial applications, including:
- Fabrication: Our grinding wheels are made for fabrication, including heavy stock removal, scale removal, weld removal, weld blending, edge beveling, grinding, notching, and torch cut edge softening.
- Pipeline: Because our grinding products perform well in tough environments, pipeliners trust them for their work.
- Foundry: The foundry industry processes a variety of metals, and our versatile abrasive grinding wheels serve well in these applications.
- Shipbuilding: During building and repairs, grinding wheels are an ideal tool for working on structural steel and aluminum for ships.
- Building and construction: Our grinding wheels help commercial builders and contractors work efficiently.
- Metalworking: Our abrasive grinding wheels are most often used for metalworking purposes, including various production and maintenance operations.
THE RIGHT BALANCE OF PERFORMANCE AND VALUE
Our Tiger® industrial-grade grinding wheels and Wolverine® professional-grade products are up for any challenge. These portable grinding wheels come in a wide assortment of configurations, and we have options designed for use with specific tools and specialized metals or alloys. Compare the requirements against our product specifications to find the best match.
THE BEST WHEEL FOR THE JOB
Check the arbor and recommended diameter to see which wheel will work for the tool. For example, a 2-inch snagging wheel is specifically for die grinders while a 6-inch grinding wheel fits angle grinders. Varying arbor sizes are available as well, and we offer a 5/8-11 threaded option.
Portable grinding wheels also come in different types. Selecting the right wheel type can increase productivity and provide the most value from the wheel. Our options include:
- Type 1: Type 1 bonded grinding wheels have a flat profile and are also called snagging wheels. These wheels vary in size from 2 to 4 inches and are used on die grinders.
- Type 27: The Type 27 design has a depressed center, which allows for a wide range of working angles. Although this type of grinding wheel can be used at a wide range, the window for optimal performance is 25 to 35 degrees.
- Type 28: Type 28 grinding wheels have a saucer design that is aggressive at shallow working angles. With optimal grinding angles between 0 and15 degrees, these wheels allow operators to access harder-to-reach places.
ABRASIVES TO MATCH THE METAL
The grain is the abrasive bonded into the wheel. Grain types vary in performance, and we have options available for fast grinding, long product life, or both:
- Tiger Ceramic: This Max Performance grinding wheel has ceramic grains that are cool cutting, so they cut with less friction at lower temperatures, reducing any heat discoloration on the workpiece. Less pressure is needed to attain a consistent material removal rate over the wheel's life, lessening operator fatigue. It is contaminant-free, so it can be used safely on stainless steel.
- Tiger Zirc: Tiger Zirc is a High Performance grinding wheel with a self-sharpening zirconia alumina grain that maintains a great cutting performance throughout the wheel's life. It holds up well under extreme pressure and high temperatures. These wheels are also infused with ceramic to increase their cut rate.
- Tiger INOX: This High Performance wheel is designed specifically for grinding stainless steel. It's contaminant-free and also works well on harder-grade steels.
- Tiger Aluminum: Tiger Aluminum is a High Performance grinding wheel with a silicon carbide and aluminum oxide blend. It's designed for aluminum and other soft metals and does not load or gum up when grinding these softer materials, so it keeps working longer. This wheel is also contaminant-free.
- Tiger AO: This brand provides long product life by leveraging a strong resin bond. Its premium aluminum oxide grains provide a sharp, clean cut, high cut rate and consistent performance.
- Wolverine: Our Value line has aggressive wheels that will get the job done quickly. Wolverine is an excellent value for the professional who needs a tough, aggressive wheel.
HIGH-QUALITY BONDED WHEELS MADE FOR CUTTING AND GRINDING
At Weiler Abrasives, we manufacture cut and grind combo wheels, also known and combination wheels, that offer flexibility and efficiency when switching between cutting and grinding applications. Three layers of fiberglass reinforcement provide the strength to hold up when grinding, while the type of fiberglass used maintains a fast cut when operating at a 45 degree angle. We produce two types of these wheels:
- Tiger Pipeline: The Tiger Pipeline grinding wheel is a Max Performance product. It has a 1/8-inch-thick wheel design for fast grinding and long life on pipeline and multi-pass welding applications. Like combination wheels, it can be used at a 45- or 90-degree angle. This wheel is designed to reduce chatter, so it doesn't jump out of the bevel when notching or grinding the weld bead. The Tiger Pipeline wheel also provides an excellent cut rate throughout its lifespan, so there is no need to chip the wheel, eliminating an unsafe practice on the pipeline.
- Combination wheels: These are 1/8-inch-thick wheels used to grind at a 45-degree angle or cut at a 90-degree angle. They are ideal for applications where you are looking to save time switching between cutting wheels and grinding wheels.
EXPERT SUPPORT SOLUTIONS
At Weiler Abrasives, we offer much more than the leading products in the industry. We will also demonstrate how you can use them to increase capabilities and reduce overhead costs. Our experts can help you choose the right products based on your facility and application to speed up production and improve product quality. We can also come out to train your crew on the proper safety practices and collaborate to find new ways to improve your processes.
GET ASSISTANCE FINDING THE RIGHT ABRASIVE GRINDING WHEEL
Whether you're looking for a 3-inch grinding wheel for your die grinder, a 9-inch grinding wheel, or another quality bonded wheel, our experts can help. Contact us online to ask for help or schedule a consultation with our solutions team today. To buy, please visit one of our trusted online retailers.